 General / 44081
Re: And you call yourselves fans...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:16:09 GMT

This one time, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Instead of posting this message to all of the related threads, I decided to
start my own...

Not a bad idea :)

Ever since Jake announce the color change I've read about 100 messages whining
about how LEGO has betrayed the fans.  I say it's the opposite.  I think
everyone who's whining has betrayed LEGO.

Really? You must've subscribed to lugnet.general kinda late then ;)

Why do I say this?  Well, 2 reason stick out in my mind:
1.  I, and I would assume many others, look upon LEGO as an old friend. If an
old friend told me he was changing his look, I'd support him in his decision
and not criticise him for going against tradition

Yep, that's why many of us are acting this way. It's as if someone told
our old friend to jump off a bridge, and they did.

2.  If you trely want to call yourself a creative modeller, you will find new
and inventive ways to incorporate these changes into you creations.

In the meantime, all the bricks we're used to using get much higher
in price.

As you can see, whining get you nowhere.  In fact, all the complaining lately
has contributed to a negative atmosphere for all of us.  I say stop
bellyacheing and get back to makeing the amazing models I'm used to seeing.

Oh realy? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Sorry, but the TLC is a big corporation, and they're in business to make
money. However, from both a marketing standpoint and a customer satisfaction
standpoint, this is a really bad idea.

It's hard to get back to model making when all the bricks you've been using
all of a sudden go up in price in the secondary market due to a sudden
discontinuation.

If you don't like reading all the "bellyaching," maybe you should either
delete the emails or not read lugnet.general for a while. I don't think this
is going away anytime soon.

-Anne
--
I always said I wanted to be   (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
somebody. Perhaps I should      >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.