 General / 44217
Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:38:31 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:
I've decided I'm just going to start buying these sets, and then
returning them - opened - saying that "these grey pieces don't match
the grey pieces I already have..."
Well, our local reseller actually voiced similar concerns - not about
people doing this on purpose, just the flow of normal customers
returning opened sets because LEGO obviously botched the colours.
He already gets pointyhaired when I mention LEGO - he has not yet
overcome their last idiocities (DUPLO/Explore/DUPLO/What next?), and has
come to the conclusion that what was once a respectable company has
become an asylum for inept managers.
This reseller *is* reducing its LEGO commitment (and shelf space)
because of severe disappointment with TLCs products and services (i.e.
that the more interesting sets are only available at S@H instead through
his hands, therefor driving the interesting customers from his shop to
the web).
And he is not the only one. Comparing the development of shelf space for
different toy brands over the last years, LEGO was the big looser in all
the shops small and large round here.

Yea, it's petty, but if enough people started doing it I guarantee
you it would attract the attention of the retailers, and maybe they
might put some pressure on LEGO.
Sadly, it will put more pressure on the shops than on TLC. Billund will
only recognize the problem after local retailers stopped selling LEGO
products.
So you'd better go and nail Victim^H^H^H^H^H^HConsumer Affairs with this
problem. Or S@H, for that matter, because they will be the only shop
carrying LEGO when the contínue to affront customers and resellers like
this (apart from a handful of brand stores and LEGOLAND shops).

Yours, Christian Treczoks