 General / 44213
Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
   I’ve decided I’m just going to start buying these sets, and then returning them - opened - saying that “these grey pieces don’t match the grey pieces I already have...”

Yea, it’s petty, but if enough people started doing it I guarantee you it would attract the attention of the retailers, and maybe they might put some pressure on LEGO.

So, what do you think?

JohnG, GMLTC wishing for a way to post this anonymously... ;-)

This is in reply to John’s post, and a few of the other replies to John’s post:

Why not just boycott LEGO products for the first six months or so? You get away from abusing store policy, having retailers pull LEGO products, and sneaking a few/lot (of) pieces out of opened boxes before returning them. If the LUGNetters are so influencial as they claim to be, I’m sure a little passive resistance would go a long way, especially if we told the LEGO Group that we were not going to by a single new brick until the colors get changed back.

Signed,

Michael Bosch

(“so the King won’t need his glasses...”)

PS: You could always try returning MB products...