 General / 36427
36426  |  36428
Subject:
Jawa Sandcrawler '02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 02:40:33 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Heyas,

Its been a while!  I built my last Star Wars MOC over 2 years ago!

I was recently asked to submit one of my models for the big convention next
month, but since all my stuff has been taken apart for a while, I offered to
re-make a model... specifically I have been wanting to rebuild the Jawa
Sandcrawler.

When I built the first one, brown bricks and plates were nearly impossible
to get at all, much less in the quantities needed to build such a large
vehicle!  I built it in red bricks, and while it was good for the time
(1998?)  It had some clear shortcomings.

I have been working on this model pretty seriously for the last 3 days,
finishing it last night with the figs and droids:

I am really pleased with the result!  The DK Star Wars reference book was
tre' helpful.  I added the graphics effects for fun, to visualize it better.

I wanted to pack this one with features, so I detailed most of the interior
and added some light effects.  There is a microscout in the engine area, and
it controls a flashing optic computer panel in the loading room's second
floor, along with a intermittantly flashing light in the smelting room.  The
droid hold in the bottom floor and the control room both have lights, too.

the grabbing arm in the loading room goes up and down as well as forward and
backward.  The contol for it is in the engine area at the rear of the vehicle.

later!
Joel Kuester