 General / 34979
Re: Sopwith Camel (#3451) shipped...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 07:10:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Rose Regner writes:

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
but let me put it this way..... if
it were up to Lego Direct, they would sell us any part in any color, more
than likely.  But yes, there is someone in Billund that controls the
colors/parts for all sets.

I guess the word CONTROL should capitalized. I can't imagine any other
reason this person would have for limiting colors of parts. Hey, maybe they
will retire soon and get a more liberal replacement.

I can't imagine reasons for limiting use once a part has been issued, it
baffles me too, but I CAN imagine reasons for not using parts in a
particular care that haven't ever been used in that particular color before.

Are the red curved railings a new color/part combo? (this is a Joshua
Delahunty question if I ever saw one, of course)

Element 30056, New in 1996 (a Pirate set and a Paradisa set). Quite rare, so
far only seen in red in this very set.  (Peeron mentions a Freestyle set I
didn't have a reference for).

     -- joshua

     -- joshua