 General / 31664
Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 04:04:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
- snip -

Right *on*! I woulda snatched it (the fort, not the galaxy explorer - yuck
;-) myself. Not to sell to someone though, I'd keep it to myself. There's a
difference.

Shame on you.  The way I see it the kid had first dibs.

- snip again -

Right again. That's why I was <insert expletive expressing anger> beyond
belief when my ex-client went and bought a bunch of pirate sets in a garage
sale, after I specifically mentioned I was gonna go hunt goodies there. He
gave the sets to his kids, and since I baby-sat for them, I saw them and was
outraged. I didn't say anything though... but, by *god*, I was *mad*. The
kids didn't build the sets at all, just had the pirate-related pieces lying
around, and probably would've enjoyed a 3033 a lot more.

After reading this story, I am surprised that you say you would have
snatched up the Fort LEGOREDO.  After all, you know how much it sucks to
have first dibs (there must be a better phrase, but I can't think of one)
and then have someone screw you out of it.

As for the pieces just laying around, maybe you could encourage the kids to
play with them.  In this day and age, it isn't all that rare for a toy that
doesn't have a power button to be completely confusing to kids.  If they
don't seem interested, ask the guy if you can buy them from him.  Or offer
to give the kids a 3033, if it would be worth it.

- another snip -

No anger! No strikes. ;-)

Of course not. :-)

-Shiri

Bryan Beckwith

PS - I really like the instructions for a trough you have on your website.
Gave me a few ideas for some other small stuff like that.