 General / 31662
Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 02:01:20 GMT

I think you have some valid feelings, Shiri!!!

I have read some of the reactions to the "printing" of the guarded inns, and
view the complaints as very, very shallow.  I say, look at the "big picture"
you have a great set of pieces (not juniorized) for under $30.
None of the new sets are of great quality (except the printing)....

The Fort Legoredo has the brick logs which is a great element by iteself.
I made a log cabin scene for my youngest sister (she's 12, I'm 26)....
for a school project...it took me about 10 minutes to find the pieces
and another 10 minutes to make a decent looking cabin.....I'm sure there are
other interesting things to do with this set.

It was a great find if you could have bought it for $10....too bad...there will
be other chances (probably not for $10 though!!)

Now Shiri, about the parent buying lego for his/her children and them not
using it is a waste...maybe he/she was buying it really for themself...hmmm?
Anyways, if not...you can convince them to sell it to you when you point out
that the lego has sat their, and the children aren't really interested in
using the lego!!! :)

Benjamin Medinets