 General / 31203
Re: On to other news....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:07:20 GMT

My 889, 891, 894, 897, 918 and 920 all show (C)1979 on the instructions. I'm
afraid the boxes never made it...
However, 367 is (C)1975.... ;-)

Duq

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message
Duane Hess wrote:

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
In lugnet.space, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Greg, however, is wrong
to say that Classic Space, or more properly, Legoland Space, was • started in
1978 because it was started in 1979.

Sorry, it was started in 1978.

I read the catalogs, Greg, so please
do not argue with me on this point and if you still do not believe • me, look
at the catalog archives on Lugnet.

Sorry pal, but you're not going to win this. If you insist you are • right, I
insist that you check the release date on <set:924>

I believe you, but to play devil's advocate the instructions on • Brickshelf
show 1979.

I seem to remember a debate coming up once before on copyright vs. • release
date. Can anyone point to a resolution, or am I just smoking crack?

Here's a list of sets from 1978 and there are definatly soem CS sets • there:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qy=1978

And here is a timeline of lego space, which has a little entry under • 78:

http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/series/futuron->timeline • .html

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

-Duane

Added lugnet.general to broaden the knowledge base a bit.

For the sake of further evidence, I own a classic space LEGO box that
says '1978'. it was purchased in the USA (for me as a kid).
Differentiating characteristic between 493 in 1978 is the lack of a
crater baseplate (uses bricks to build crater).
  http://www.baseplate.com/my_first_website/set493.html

-Suz