 General / 30576
Re: I'm back... (Could someone clarify?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 06:11:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Easter writes:
Ok, it's time for me to step in... who am I? just a father who has heard a
few to many unnecessary words.

It takes at least two people to argue.  If no one else will reply to this
type of postings, they will quit.

If someone wants to flame someone, do it once and get it overwith.  I for
one do not have anything to add to your disagreement(s).
You sound like bickering children. Now, shut up OR put your comments in the
appropriate posting group.

Paul

Finally!  The voice of reason!  Thank you, Paul, for saying what many of us
are thinking!

Some additional comments, though:

If someone gets their feelings hurt on lugnet, why must they subject ALL of
us to their anger?  I know when <I> read Lugnet posts, I see an email
address for the author, and if I have a problem with them, I can take it up
with them privately.

I too have children, but even if I didn't, I still wouldn't want to read
ninety-four posts (which arrive in my email) about some sensational
conflict-monger with serious communication problems.

Most of us here understand what it is to make something from nothing and
submit it for public appraisal.  It can be scary.  This is not a public
forum exactly;  It is a creator's forum, and most of us respect it.  We
praise good work and offer constructive criticism for not-so-good work.
We're here to appreciate and help each other, not take out our frustrations
on each other.

I know that I am not alone in that I have never "flamed" anyone on lugnet
(or elsewhere, for that matter).  Conflict is easy.  HARMONY is hard.  It
takes work sometimes, but it's worth it.  I wish more people would try it.

Disgusted with some, proud of others,

Dirtman