 General / 30170
Re: My first visit to LIC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 05:05:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lill writes:
snip

-It would have older merchandise, perhaps on closeout, straight from Lego
warehouses

I was at this LIC several months ago, and found some old motors (#624) and
some Mag Wheel Masters.  I started talking with an employee when I was
purchasing them, and asked about when they get older sets in and if they had
any more.  She told me "Yeah, our manager's really upset with the California
LegoLand.  They keep dumping all this old stuff on us."  I was almost
speechless; the whole reason I went to the store was to find something I
can't get anywhere else.  It just seemed to me that Lego's line managers
just don't understand the demand for the older sets.

David