 General / 24034
Re: here comes the next wave of 2001 sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:15:00 GMT

Hello, all of our LEGO fans!

Although you have found out some interested sets in LEGO year 2001
catalogue, it has brought for us a message!

Did you find out the minifigure in theme Creator?
Lifestyle is replaced of Creator!
I think it is a big worried to us!

LEGO company did not promise us that minifigure will be used in forever.
That's meant all of the minifigures in train, Star War, castle and even if
town sets will be taken over.
Our current minifigure has been used over 20 years!
I believe LEGO company wants to test the popularity of new minifigure.

Town sets is not 'passed away'.
I guess LEGO will have a new range of town sets to new minifigures.
House will be bigger, car might have 2 front seats.
If it is truth, our LEGO minifigures will become a history.
All of our town set may not compartible with new town sets.
Not only these, other theme might have a same result!
Perhaps, other themes will not proceed first.
Theme town might be a starting point.

I believe this is a market trend. It is a good idea.
However, town set is still having its development space.
A lot of building design and other related occupation haven't existed in
town set. It is really pity!

I think we should concern and raise question to ask LEGO company.
As a LEGO fan and a consumer, among of us has paid number of years in
collection and a lot of money in collection. Should you have a right to know
everything? This minifigure is just a new product not take over the current
ones?

If it is not truth, all of us has to think we should continue our collection
or sell them in ebay or Yahoo auction. I believe someone will say 'Goodbye'
to us.

What do you think?
Someone should represent us to ask LEGO company in quickly!

Best regards,
Wee Lean