 Year / 2001 / 242
Re: here comes the next wave of 2001 sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:46:32 GMT

I too thought the 375 castle was the last set with the 1x1x1 windows, but then I
remembered that there was a parts pack (in the lugnet database) #836, which came out
in 1982, and had the large modern (4 lights) door, the 70's 1x3x4 door, the modern
1x4x3 window with panes and green shutters, and classic windows 1x1x1, 1x1x2, 1x2x1,
1x2x2, 1x3x2 and 1x4x2.  These are of course red windows.  I am not sure how long
this parts pack was available, but I think it was around at least until 1985.  So
the small and medium classic windows were available until the mid 1980's.  I
remember buying some of these, but I thought that they (like the parts packs today)
were top heavy in doors.

Gary Istok

Erik Olson wrote:

I am getting a really good picture of those Minitalia windows... it's making my
pupils dilate!

So, I have the new white 2x1x2 to stack in different ways, but no white 1x3x4
door, only red. The 1x3x2 would sure solve the width but I like the x4 too for a
shop window. I think I saw one of those once. I don't have any black 2x1x2 at
all, so, I took a 1x4x6 and put a black tile behind it, edgewise. That looks
really nice, it makes me glad they make the 1x4x6 with its three horizontal
bars.

If the 1x1s would come back we could do well by stacking those, but, of course
those were killed off by the coming of "headlight bricks". I guess Castle 375
was the last set to feature them too? Or was there another fire truck with the
hose knotted up in a 1x1 window?

-Erik