 General / 23548
Re: New parts for 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:23:10 GMT

Yeah, my bad.  Now that I look at it, they are probably different.
I was thinking that the blade attached using some other internal
submechanism with a non-studded attachment.  But that does not
account for the extra row of 2 studs that appear on the outside
of the parts on the mars base, but that are not present on the
mechs.  Plus the side louvres are slighly different.

I wonder if these two parts are somehow related, or if they are
simply two completely separately designed pieces that highly
resemble one and other.

"John Kornhaus" <jkornhaus@xperts.com> wrote in message
In article <G32LG3.9yv@lugnet.com>, Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu>
wrote:

"Tom Stangl" <toms@netscape.com> wrote in message
John Kornhaus wrote:

7313 two 2x4x3 "fan" bricks? These should work great for VTOL • aircraft.

Not to mention they look about the same size as the tubes on the base • set,
so you could set up an HVAC system for a town building ;-)

IMHO, they _are_ the very _same_ parts used as junctions for the tubes • in
the base set.

I think they are different parts. The brick in 7313 is 2x4x3 with some
kind of connector in the middle for attaching the fan blades, probably
standard technic cross-axle. The brick in the mars base appears to be
4x4x3, and could not have any internal connectors or it would block
anything travelling through the tubes.

John

AFOL and his money are soon parted.