 General / 23510
Re: New parts for 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:30:47 GMT

John Kornhaus wrote:

Looks like cool new parts for '01:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys09.jpg
7315? "landing pads/feet" for small pod just below the main ship. They
look more complex than a simple 1x2 plate, and they don't appear to be
click-hinge plates. The arms may be new parts, too. Is that a 1x2 brick
with 2 technic pins?

Look closer - the feet are 1x2 click plates.  The arms look like 1x2
versions of the current 1x4s with click ends.

Main ship - large white arch bricks, should make some people happy.

7313 two 2x4x3 "fan" bricks? These should work great for VTOL aircraft.

Not to mention they look about the same size as the tubes on the base set,
so you could set up an HVAC system for a town building ;-)

7311 two 3x6 wing plates in the new "verdigris" green color. Might be
two 1x1x1.3 brick w/rounded top and 1x1 side plate in that same color.

They sure are!  YEEEHAW, rounded end bricks in verdigris!  Now why didn't
they use THOSE in the Statue of Liberty?

NOTE - 7310 - looks like a WHITE Star Wars engine - time to make some cool
white jets ;-)

New green parts are also apparent in the small walker that comes with
the 7317 base.

Yep, 1x2 slopes and 2x2 radar dishes.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys10.jpg
7312 new flexible hose pieces and wheels?

Nope - RockRaider style wheels, standard Technic corrugated tubing.

7316 new grabbing claw part, may have rubber-band powered spring loaded
action (compare claws on bottom and top of this model). 2x2x2
inverted-pyramid brick just to right of the cockpit. I really like that
new cockpit piece.

Oh MAN is that 2x2x2 inverted pyramid going to be cool for details on
columns! (Now if they'd just come out with a 2x2 tile with center stud -
though a 2x2 Technic tile with center peg would probably fit).

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys15.jpg
7146 SW wings in black. Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot!! Still armed with
goofy-looking gun, but what the heck, we finally have a Stormtrooper!!

Yeah, now hopefully they'll bring out Stormtroopers in a minifig pack!

7166 Nice-looking angled cockpit piece. I can already think of many
uses for this part in my own models.

That's a train nose - see 4561.  Hopefully the grey is stickers (though if
not, it would still work well for a grey train).

Imperial Guards. Why does the
Emperor have 4 hands? "Through the Force, many things are possible.
Extra hands you can grow. Umm?"

Can't wait to see how they managed that!  Fantasy people will have a field
day with that torso!

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys16.jpg
7127 Ack! Looks horrible, but a cheap source for Wookies. Are those
non-chromed lightsabre handles used for the "nose" guns?

Looks like it.  At least it looks like there are few to no Town Jr parts.

7106 8x8 cylinder? Gimme!

TELL me about it!  I'll be buying a LOT for those cylinder parts.
And it looks like FOUR 2x2 inverse corners!  Can't tell if they are white
or light grey, but I'd want them either way.