 General / 23434
23433  |  23435
Subject:
New parts for 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:21:52 GMT

Looks like cool new parts for '01:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys09.jpg
7315? "landing pads/feet" for small pod just below the main ship. They
look more complex than a simple 1x2 plate, and they don't appear to be
click-hinge plates. The arms may be new parts, too. Is that a 1x2 brick
with 2 technic pins?

7313 two 2x4x3 "fan" bricks? These should work great for VTOL aircraft.
Cool-looking windshield piece, nice and sleek. looks like it might be a
smoky trans-gray. The 4x4 round part in the top left may be the same as
the part in Sebulba's Pod Racer with a 2x2 plate attachment on the
hidden side.

7311 two 3x6 wing plates in the new "verdigris" green color. Might be
two 1x1x1.3 brick w/rounded top and 1x1 side plate in that same color.
New green parts are also apparent in the small walker that comes with
the 7317 base.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys10.jpg
7312 new flexible hose pieces and wheels?

7316 new grabbing claw part, may have rubber-band powered spring loaded
action (compare claws on bottom and top of this model). 2x2x2
inverted-pyramid brick just to right of the cockpit. I really like that
new cockpit piece.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys15.jpg
7146 SW wings in black. Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot!! Still armed with
goofy-looking gun, but what the heck, we finally have a Stormtrooper!!

7166 Nice-looking angled cockpit piece. I can already think of many
uses for this part in my own models. Imperial Guards. Why does the
Emperor have 4 hands? "Through the Force, many things are possible.
Extra hands you can grow. Umm?"

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys16.jpg
7127 Ack! Looks horrible, but a cheap source for Wookies. Are those
non-chromed lightsabre handles used for the "nose" guns?

7186 Looks good for green parts and a big 8x8 round plate not seen for
a few years.

7106 8x8 cylinder? Gimme!

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys06.jpg
1353/1355 A clearer shot of the new part used for the landing feet in
7315. Looks like a 1x2 click hinge plate with a new
click-hinge/cross-axle piece. In 1353 it looks like this piece will
come in male and female varieties, and has full click-hinge support for
this joint. This piece is just begging to be used in many new Mecha
MOCs.

1352 "T" handle in dynamite detonator. Is this an old pneumatic
T-connector? Looks like it might be hollow. Cool scaffolding.

Dreaming of new parts...

TTFN

John