 General / 23440
Re: New parts for 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:51:57 GMT

From: John Kornhaus <jkornhaus@xperts.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.general
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:21:52 GMT
Subject: New parts for 2001?

Looks like cool new parts for '01:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys09.jpg
7315? "landing pads/feet" for small pod just below the main ship. They
look more complex than a simple 1x2 plate, and they don't appear to be
click-hinge plates. The arms may be new parts, too. Is that a 1x2 brick
with 2 technic pins?

I think the "feet" are the 1x2 plate with click-hinge like in the B-Wing set
(you get tan ones with that). I think the "legs" are new parts that
interface with the click-hinges.

7313 two 2x4x3 "fan" bricks? These should work great for VTOL aircraft.
Cool-looking windshield piece, nice and sleek. looks like it might be a
smoky trans-gray. The 4x4 round part in the top left may be the same as
the part in Sebulba's Pod Racer with a 2x2 plate attachment on the
hidden side.

Yeah, those fans look kind of fun

7311 two 3x6 wing plates in the new "verdigris" green color. Might be
two 1x1x1.3 brick w/rounded top and 1x1 side plate in that same color.
New green parts are also apparent in the small walker that comes with
the 7317 base.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys10.jpg
7312 new flexible hose pieces and wheels?

The hoses look like they might be new. Aren't those the same wheels from the
Rock Raiders 4950? (new color, of course)

7316 new grabbing claw part, may have rubber-band powered spring loaded
action (compare claws on bottom and top of this model). 2x2x2
inverted-pyramid brick just to right of the cockpit. I really like that
new cockpit piece.

I think it's ok... unfortunately it doesn't have sides, so it isn't
"sealable"

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys15.jpg
7146 SW wings in black. Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot!! Still armed with
goofy-looking gun, but what the heck, we finally have a Stormtrooper!!

7166 Nice-looking angled cockpit piece. I can already think of many
uses for this part in my own models. Imperial Guards. Why does the
Emperor have 4 hands? "Through the Force, many things are possible.
Extra hands you can grow. Umm?"

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys16.jpg
7127 Ack! Looks horrible, but a cheap source for Wookies. Are those
non-chromed lightsabre handles used for the "nose" guns?

I think the plates on the front of the hips are new also, but I may be
wrong.

7186 Looks good for green parts and a big 8x8 round plate not seen for
a few years.

7106 8x8 cylinder? Gimme!

Yesssssssss 8x8 dish in Dk gray, and also a good set for inexpensive inverse
2x2 gray slopes.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys06.jpg
1353/1355 A clearer shot of the new part used for the landing feet in
7315. Looks like a 1x2 click hinge plate with a new
click-hinge/cross-axle piece. In 1353 it looks like this piece will
come in male and female varieties, and has full click-hinge support for
this joint. This piece is just begging to be used in many new Mecha
MOCs.

Could be.... ;^D

1352 "T" handle in dynamite detonator. Is this an old pneumatic
T-connector? Looks like it might be hollow. Cool scaffolding.

Mmmmmmm scaffolding for Space stations.

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations