 General / 23524
Re: Why I HATE Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:46:19 GMT

Yep - I've been lusting after this very set for I don't know how long.  Its
just those pieces I want too!

An alternative is LDRAW.  I just created a building using TONS of these
glass window pieces in the virtual world.  You can't touch it, but the
renderings look pretty good:

http://members.home.net/hmltn1/ldraw/condo.htm

You can find out more about using LDRAW and related tools at www.ldraw.org.

In the mean time, maybe we can hope that LEGO will eventually offer these
cool elements in bulk!

Brad

Deadmaker <Deadmaker7@aol.com> wrote in message
The reason is:
I ordered a DACTA Catalog recently. Nice stuff, but overpriced (ONE reason • I
HATE lego, but ont the most important one.) That would be this: There is
some kind of big set for a science lab, that has a number of projects you
can do. One of them is a greenhouse of some sort, that uses the huge glass
wall elements a la Paradisa, Breezeway Cafe, some Airport or something. As
you all know, these are super hard to come by these days. It has 2 • straight
and 2 corner pieces, IIRC. The cost of the set? About $250 dollars. NOW • CAN
YOU IMAGINE THAT? PAYING 250 DOLLARS TO GET A FEW !@#$@#$%^ GLASS
WALLS!!!!!!!!!! I want to say every curse word in the language to Lego, • but
I'll save that for writing them a letter. Anyone agree?
     -A very annoyed dead