 General / 23533
Re: Why I HATE Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:53:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
I have 3 or four of the corner big ones, but no straight ones.

I think I have 6 of the small straight ones.

I've seen a few of the straight large ones (never more than about 3) on MOCs
at some town web sites.  I can't remember where though.

We'd have to get a LOT of folks together to build that building!

While I can't come very close to building it, had I got started several years
ago, there would have been a good possibility of doing it. 10 Breezeway Cafes
and about 15 Sand Dollar Cafes would have provided all the curved glass parts.
Those quantities aren't ridiculous for my buying habits, but not at eBay
prices... Set 725 is another set which would help (provides the same quantity
of glass as the Breezeway Cafe).

I you didn't mind mixing colors on the tower part, I could actually do like
three stories of it (I have at least 4 large clear curved walls, and I may have
8 in trans light blue).

Neat model (and ideas like this are one reason I've gone after so many of the
sets which have these curved glass walls).

Frank

Frank