 General / 23573
Re: Why I HATE Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:50:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.general, Heather Patey writes:
725? Wazzat?
<checks guide>
What a nice set!  That must be where my lampposts in that mixed lot came • from.
Could someone pleeeease post the instructions to Brickshelf?  Is there an
inventory?

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
EEEk!  There were 725s that I missed?  What were the starting/ending bids • (maybe I
shouldn't know)?

I guess I missed them also (either that or the seller had low feedback or was
in Europe).

Erik Olson wrote:
Dude! NOBODY bid on 2 copies of Basic 725 that were on ebay last week! 725 • has a
pair of those. It is the kind of Freestyle set that puts all others to • shame.

(that's a pair of clear Paradisa 6416 curved windows...)

Er, not quite. 6376 and 725 have straight curved top windows. 6416 has curved
(corner) curved top windows. Interestingly, both 6376 and 725 also have two
straight short curved top windows. Of course you can mesh a 6416 with a 6376
and get a nice building. I plan to make a nice big cafe. There is a DACTA set
(forget the number) which also has these.

A bunch of sets have the short straight window in clear.

6396 has the large straight wall in trans light blue (2 of them). I'm not sure
if any other sets have it in trans light blue.

There aren't any corners that I know if in a color other than clear.

Looks like these 725s are catching all us dark ages people by surprise.
Now why don't we get Basic sets like that anymore ?

I sure would love to see a return of sets like that.

Frank