 General / 22096
22095  |  22097
Subject:
A project suggestion= Let's develop a Theme ourselves....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:07:01 GMT

With the current offical selection going toward Jr, I am asking if anybody
here would want to consider working out thier own theme using L-Draw/ML-CAD to
work out the new parts and sets.

Already I am (in tandem with the magazine project) working out in MLCAD some
new baseplaes for a Canal type 'system'

so far I have planned the following plates:

   16x16- 7Stud- Canal Straight-  Ie A flat portion on the RHS in blue leaving
                                  a 1X16 studded portion on the extrem RHS(NB
                                  I think this moulding exists in the TLG
inventory already as I saw something simmilar in Town Jr albiet with a road
pattern.

   32X16- 7Stud- Canal Straight-  Same as above by double the length
   32X32- Canal Basin/Quayside ( Suggestion as to non-studed portion welcomed)
   16X16- Canal Basin-Small

At the moment I am working on small basplate and 'striaght' edged pecies. I am
not sure how to easily work out curves and curved shape in L-Draw/MLCAD( Rel
2.0A inlcudes curve approxiamter?)

I also have ideas for some posible sets!
- namely
    C0001 Simple Canal basin- (16X16 Basin)- +2 small boats.
    C0002 Large Canal Basin-  (32X32 basin) + 2 Larger Boats.
    C0003 Canal System     - (2 of 32X32 Basin) + 3 Boats plus some addtional
baseplates and trees etc?
    C0004 Long Straights  (2 of)
    C0005 Short Starights (2 of)
    C0006 Curves (AF- I cant draw these easily!!)
    C0007 Additonal basins?
    C0008 Sea -Transfer Station?

Of course I would want to the system to be 'modular' in nature for the
creation of 'massive' canal systems so that us AFOLS could add massive Canal
networks to existing road and rail networks.

Is anyone else working on something simmilar?

Alex