 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 36
Re: A project suggestion= Let's develop a Theme ourselves....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:01:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin Wilson writes:

<snip>

Canals are a real nice idea Alex. The obvious set missing from your list
is a lock! Another possible would be a waterside inn. Separate boats as
well.

One thing to bear in mind is that canal systems vary widely from country
to country and are almost non-existent in the US as compared to Europe.
Sounds like you're planning a UK-style canal system which might not have
very wide appeal.

Kevin

You could freeze it in winter and have a festival.

Here in Ottawa we turn our canal into a skating rink :-) Gotta love those
BeaverTails.

Jude