 General / 22253
Re: A project suggestion= Let's develop a Theme ourselves....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:04:11 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

I agree. I like the whole idea very much but I think you're thinking
tooo small scale! If this is our own theme we don't have to stick with
Lego's production limitations, we could use 32x32-stud blue plates for
the waterway.

Another nice thing about introducing canals or rivers is that they give
us a great excuse for bridges!

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mrkt.htm
Craftsman Kits & Custom Lego models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com

I think Kevin has a point here about thinking too small. I would suggest a "Cargo"
or "Freight Mover" theme. I know there are a lot of cargo sets out now but they
fall under the general Town umbrella. What I would like to see is a unifying theme
where sets like 6542 Launch and Load Seaport are tweaked into a giant conglomerate
shipping company with:

Pirate-ship sized (or larger) freighters, tankers, and container ships (grey
16-wide hull mid sections - Yay!)
Cargo blimps
A trucking company, ala 2149 Cargo Line Cargo Truck but with two trucks per box.
Maybe a combination of one flatbed, one box, or one tanker.
New cargo train with tank car, container flat, box car
Canal boats, barges, tugs (and the associated baseplates, locks, bridges)
Air freight (terminal, jets, loading equipment) Maybe a FedEx or UPS tie-in
   DC-10, C-130, Aero Spacelines Guppy, helicopters
Giant container forklifts
Cranes
Container yard goat (the stripped down truck that moves containers around in the
yard for the big trucks to pick up)

etc. etc.

SteveC