 General / 21297
Re: Announcing: The Baseplate Finder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Heather Patey writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Heather Patey writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Heather Patey writes:
And I've also seen another corner raised baseplate but I have NO idea where
it's from-- You can see some pictures of it on Bryan Wong's Greystone
Mountain on the top--
http://www.geocities.com/lt8448/lego/mountain/mountain.html

The ones with the cream-coloured paint on the top are from <set:4291>, which
I've put all alone on the "Canyon with No Raised Corner" page.  I have • several
of these, but no good picture yet - the Pause-guide page doesn't show the
paint!  The other two, however, are a mystery - they look like 6091's, but
without the raised corner.  Is that what you meant?

Huh! I've never seen set 4291 in stores or anything-- I actually knew the
other two (from 6079) but the ones with the tan painting were the ones I was
curious about... I notice there's only one on Ebay at present but it's on
auction from Canada, and I think Bryan's from Canada as well... Was it not
released in the US? Am I just blind? They look like pretty cool baseplates!

6079 I meant, yes.  But what happened to the little hill in the centre of the
curve - shouldn't it stick out of the pond?

That's why I was saying, look carefully at how the pond is built. The centre
hill is shorter than the outside hill, and the pond is just built at the
elevation of the top of the center hill. This is really apparent where the
waterfall exits (and that elevation is required to actually get the waterfall
to exit).

Frank