 Database / Set Inventories / 455
Re: Announcing: The Baseplate Finder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Frank Filz writes:
Heather Patey wrote:
I've never seen a 16x16 driveway plate... could you point me to an example?

Ah, I had assumed you knew about them since that's what's in 6332. You
can see them easier in 6330. Also in 6426.

I knew there was something about the baseplates in 6332, but I don't own
it and it's too new for Brickshelf, as are the others you list.  I'm making a
list of scans I need, and will call for volunteers soon.

(snip)

Another one you may want to add is the various pre-minifig specialty
plates which have rough non-studded areas. Of course phase III is
probably listing all the sets with plain baseplates.
Pre-minifig stuff I know not a thing about... might be better left to Gary
Istok et al.  Although by the time I get through redoing the roadplates page I
may have some of it covered anyway.  Phase III?  Well, we'll see.

I'd love to see a variety of projects like this. It will probably be
forever before we can get all the sets fully inventoried with a nice
interface, but if people start making these lists of sets with
particular specialty pieces, that would be a real good start (for
example, I have a fairly extensive listing of all the sets with pirate
ship parts or the boat bricks).

This sounds great!  Chris Rasmussen's Adventurers site
(http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Cottage/5900/Adventurers.html) and
Michael Hopkins' Ninja site (http://www.baylug.org/ninja/) have pages like
this within the theme.  It would be great to see something like this done for
Classic Space, since it's an extensive and varied theme and I don't think
there's a lot of info available out there right now, not even inventories.
Any takers?

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey