 Database / Set Inventories / 452
Re: Announcing: The Baseplate Finder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:20:15 GMT

Heather Patey wrote:
Realized that after getting it all together (and I've added a couple more
since the posting!) so I'll break it down by shape of flat area.  I thought
about smaller images, but since it's a visual index, one needs to be able to
examine the picture even with small monitors and/or high resolution.
Hopefully fewer images per page will solve the problem.

That would help some, though I was trying to have all the windows open
so I could just run down the town list and checking it against your
list. I suppose the better way to to it is to just run down the list,
and then check for dupes later.

Boy, that's a big list. I started at Tim Vattima's inventories, but yes,
there's quite a few sets that aren't there.  I've never seen a 16x16 driveway
plate... could you point me to an example?

Ah, I had assumed you knew about them since that's what's in 6332. You
can see them easier in 6330. Also in 6426.

Another big category to add is the 16x16 ramp plates (found in town and train
sets).

Sounds good - look for them in Phase II.  I think I'll concentrate on getting
what I have more usable first.

I'd love to have your list if you attempt it again.  Thanks for your help!

Another one you may want to add is the various pre-minifig specialty
plates which have rough non-studded areas. Of course phase III is
probably listing all the sets with plain baseplates.

I'd love to see a variety of projects like this. It will probably be
forever before we can get all the sets fully inventoried with a nice
interface, but if people start making these lists of sets with
particular specialty pieces, that would be a real good start (for
example, I have a fairly extensive listing of all the sets with pirate
ship parts or the boat bricks).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com