 Database / Set Inventories / 449
Re: Announcing: The Baseplate Finder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Frank Filz writes:
Well, I had a nice large list of about 30 or more sets, unfortunately my
stupid system crashed because of running out of memory.

One thing which would be good is to sub-divide things more, and perhaps try
and make smaller pictures. The road plates page is rather huge.

Realized that after getting it all together (and I've added a couple more
since the posting!) so I'll break it down by shape of flat area.  I thought
about smaller images, but since it's a visual index, one needs to be able to
examine the picture even with small monitors and/or high resolution.
Hopefully fewer images per page will solve the problem.

You don't have any train sets.

True!  I didn't think about them having special baseplates at all.  I'll go
back to the LUGnet database on this one.

Get a Lugnet theme search on town, you're missing a lot of town sets, look
carefully for the ones with the 16x16 driveway plates.
Boy, that's a big list. I started at Tim Vattima's inventories, but yes,
there's quite a few sets that aren't there.  I've never seen a 16x16 driveway
plate... could you point me to an example?

Another big category to add is the 16x16 ramp plates (found in town and train
sets).

Sounds good - look for them in Phase II.  I think I'll concentrate on getting
what I have more usable first.

I'd love to have your list if you attempt it again.  Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada