 General / 19719
Re: 2001 rumours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:30:06 GMT

I love the Wild Wild West theme idea.  I used to watch the show on TV all the time
(before and after it went to reruns).  My favorite LEGO set is #396 - the Thatcher
Perkins Locomotive, an 1863 vintage western style train locomotive.  (I never met
a LEGO spoked wheel I didn't like.)   I would love to see an old west train, even
though I am not even a LEGO train buff.

Gary Istok

Matthew Teets wrote:

I hate to start my post with a lame movie as a good theme, but I just got done
watching the movie version of "Wild wild West".  While watching it I just kept
thinking of all the great lego stuff you could build around that.  The only
negative side of it is that it conflicts with the new adventures set on
that "alternate" science stuff.  Still, I think that any theme like
superheroes, space and "Alternate" science type stuff is great for kids as it
really does feed the thing that Lego is best at...imagination.

Matt

In lugnet.general, Nicholas Allan writes:
How about bringing back the Wild West theme with a big Wild West style
train, complete with bandits to hold the train up and the proverbial tramp
in a cattle/box car?

Nicholas Allan