 Off-Topic / Debate / 5988
Re: 2001 rumours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:14:59 GMT

"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:FxD8tx.M55@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:

I'm hoping (seems unlikely, unfortunately) that Lego will continue their
*own* space line, despite the SW contract. Trains would be a great excuse • to
do that, in fact.

Trains and Star Wars need to go off in separate directions!

Why? Because in Star Wars, everybody is either a hotshot pilot, or employs • one.
It's like everybody drives a car, and the ones who can't, hang out at • spaceports
(Mos Eisley) trying to hire a taxi. In the movies, there aren't any • passenger
ships. Blockade runners apparently carry one passenger, and freighters are • just
the 18-wheelers of space. Most everything else is a one-man hotrod or a • flying
city. Anybody on board a capital ship, stays there. (exception: Darth • Vader, who
has many smaller vehicles.) Jabba's barge is the 38-foot yacht people only • dream
of having for themselves. The two-seater ships (Snowspeeder, Cloud Car) • are
versatile enough to allow one intimate friend to come along. Clearly, Star • Wars
is about personal mobility, not mass transportation.

Thanks for the insight, Eric!    I have heard some serious rumors that
Marvel Comics Goup and TLC will be putting together a winning combination.
There should be Fantastic Four and X-men mini-figs and sets out by next
summer, with other super hero group sets debuting later.  The set I am
looking forward to most is Daredevil and his Rubber Car.

Have fun!
John