 Off-Topic / Debate / 5990
Re: 2001 rumours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 19:10:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes:
"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, John DiRienzo writes:

Snip

Thanks for the insight, Eric!    I have heard some serious rumors that
Marvel Comics Goup and TLC will be putting together a winning combination.
There should be Fantastic Four and X-men mini-figs and sets out by next
summer, with other super hero group sets debuting later.  The set I am
looking forward to most is Daredevil and his Rubber Car.

Have fun!
John

I hope that Lego won't licence everything. Lego is not about creating a model
and letting it sit there (although that's what most AFOLs are doing, me
included). Lego is about building, dismantling and rebuilding. Where goes the
imagination if you buy a set for a single purpose? Creating a MOC that is
close the the vessels of the serie require imagination and creativity,
buying a pre-made set does not. The UCS sets are very good (I have both)
because they show, to a certain extent, new technics of how to use the pieces.
As other have mentionned, this kit contains great pieces (next to no
juniorization here) and I also can't wait to see that set in a BOGO deal.

Eric.