 General / 19720
19719  |  19721
Subject:
Question about old F1 car set 392
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:51:45 GMT

Never having had one of these sets originally (in 1975), I always assumed
that they came with 10 of the special wheels/tyres that were used in the
motorcycle sets 393 and 394 ie the hub is a red cog and the tyre is a
special one moulded to fit on the cog.

However, I have recently obtained this set and found it to contain wheels of
a much more common type ie the hub is a red
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/ search for 3482 and the tyre is
3634. They appear to be contemporary with the set, and the vendor assures me
that he has had the set from new and that's what he got. The instructions,
however, still show the 'special cog-type wheels'.

One possible explanation for this is that later (presumably) sets switched
to this type of wheel.

I would appreciate input from anyone who might be able to verify one way or
the other whether such a specification change occurred.

TIA,

Phil in Yorkshire.