 General / 19746
Re: Question about old F1 car set 392
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:44:55 GMT

"Phil Traviss" <philt@castleton-comms.co.uk> wrote in message
news:01e401bfea9f$f15ee150$5901020a@castletoncomms.co.uk...
Never having had one of these sets originally (in 1975), I always assumed
that they came with 10 of the special wheels/tyres that were used in the
motorcycle sets 393 and 394 ie the hub is a red cog and the tyre is a
special one moulded to fit on the cog.

I happen to know my uncle had this set when they came out (and I was tiny)
and I got my paws on it after by grandmother made him give his Lego away -
and his definitely had the old red cog and moulded tyre affair.

Sadly I got hold of it some 20 years ago and it hasn't survived bar the cogs
and tyres. If only I'd known then...

Steve