 General / 14795
Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Santosh Bhat writes:
Hello all,

Little has been heard from Mr Justus lately.

Every now and then i've been checking the above URL, earlier this week
there was actually a result. Sadly not the one i wanted.

Ooohh!!  a Cyber Squatter!  I guess its time for Lego to break out the
Lawyers!

Something tells me you don't have to worry on that score....

Do a search via internic to find out that NSI is the domain registrar, then go
to:

http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=legodirect.com&STRIN
G2=search

and you'll find a name you might recognise as owning the domain for now.

Am i right to still remain a bit skeptical?

Yes. Why did this person have to go own the domain instead of it being on ice
directly by TLG? Seems like getting the domain names you need is step 0 in any
e-business set up.

++Lar