 General / 14911
Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:02:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Tony Kilaras wrote:
I think it's outrageous that TLG isn't funding LUGnet.

There's merit to your suggestion.

But I think there's a faction who would say that it's a good thing that
TLC isn't funding it, as that helps keep LUGnet BY fans and FOR fans...
They'd say we can get the corporate line on lego.com (the corporate line
being that if you don't have shockwave, TLC doesn't care much about you,
I guess, but that's a different rant.)

Well, Todd has taken a hard line against perceived copyright infringements and
has banned profanity, so I don't think that LUGnet would be all that different
if it was in fact bankrolled by Lego.

So after I asked about how to help Brad deliver on what he promised,
there was a deafening silence from Brad and his vast army of helpers.

That's a shame, it really is. But I'm not surprised.