 General / 14851
Re: from the ridiculous auction scavenger team... ( was Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:16:27 GMT

I had to wait for a squatter to pickup and leave for about 6 months, but at
least I got my business' domain this week for just $35...

Dave

In lugnet.general, Kurt Williams writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
D. Jezek wrote:

This one is even better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=256317809

A million three and it hasn't met its reserve? Are they dreaming? I
believe less than a dozen .com domains have went for more than 1M and
they were VERY easy to remember stuff like loans.com, business.com and
so forth.

WorldWebBusiness.com is NOT easy to remember, IMHO

I agree... alot of the asking prices for these domains are silly.. mostly
because they are too long. The fewer the characters in the domain the better..
unless its a world known trademark.

Basing your entire business onto a domain name is silly.. look at the etoy-
etoys flap =).

I think the 2 character domain names going for half a million is silly also..
like fo.com jo.com, etc... they may be easy to remember but what the heck is
up with that?

Regards,

Kurt