 General / 14790
  www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

Hello all, Little has been heard from Mr Justus lately. Every now and then i've been checking the above URL, earlier this week there was actually a result. Sadly not the one i wanted. Am i right to still remain a bit skeptical? Cheers Santosh (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Ooohh!! a Cyber Squatter! I guess its time for Lego to break out the Lawyers! (...) Well, I have confirmed through multiple sources that Brad Justus exists and is who he says he is. Lego Direct isn't going to become a reality until later this (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

"JS" == Jeff Stembel <aulddragon@wamalug.org> writes: (...) JS> Ooohh!! a Cyber Squatter! I guess its time for Lego to break out JS> the Lawyers! Interestingly enough, the legodirect.com domain appears to have been registered by Rich Design & (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Lawyers! Something tells me you don't have to worry on that score.... Do a search via internic to find out that NSI is the domain registrar, then go to: (URL) you'll find a name you might recognise as owning the domain for now. (...) Yes. Why (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Maybe I can shed some light on this. Suzanne is out of the house at the moment, but I have a cc of a mail that she wrote to someone who asked about this on January 3. Here (below) is what she wrote...I don't think she'll mind my posting it (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes: <clarification> Thanks for that, Todd. I 100% think Suzanne did the right thing and further, I would say that given the position she's taken as having done it in order to secure it FOR TLC, and that her intent (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Why? The internet is for more than talking about Lego. Legopolis-> leg-opolis -> Leg city. Perfectly reasonable name for a porn site. It's not like it was Lego-opolis. eric (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

I agree registering the domain name for any company that thinks they are going to thrive on the web should be priority one (or step 0 as Larry put it). I sent a message to LEGO Direct on Dec 22 alerting them to the fact that they had not registered (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) It is outrageous because Susan had it... TLG asked her to give it up and said they'd be taking it over... many months later, her reg ran out, no one from TLG ever transferred it, and it lapsed, and someone else got it. (...) I know what it (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Ah. I missed that part. Apologies. That does make more sense. I was aware they had asked her to give it up (under the clause about domain names with "lego" in them) but was unaware that they had said they were going to pick it up. (...) What (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Just believing my own PR, I guess... :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) This is funny. I was just browsing eBay and came upon this link: (URL) one is even better: (URL) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  from the ridiculous auction scavenger team... ( was Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) believe less than a dozen .com domains have went for more than 1M and they were VERY easy to remember stuff like loans.com, business.com and so forth. WorldWebBusiness.com is NOT easy to remember, IMHO (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: from the ridiculous auction scavenger team... ( was Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) I agree... alot of the asking prices for these domains are silly.. mostly because they are too long. The fewer the characters in the domain the better.. unless its a world known trademark. Basing your entire business onto a domain name is (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: from the ridiculous auction scavenger team... ( was Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

I had to wait for a squatter to pickup and leave for about 6 months, but at least I got my business' domain this week for just $35... Dave (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) their (...) Typical bureacrat corporation stuff here. Really , if you want to talk about outrageous, I think it's outrageous that TLG isn't funding LUGnet. (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

Tony Kilaras wrote: I think it's outrageous that TLG isn't funding LUGnet. There's merit to your suggestion. But I think there's a faction who would say that it's a good thing that TLC isn't funding it, as that helps keep LUGnet BY fans and FOR (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Well, Todd has taken a hard line against perceived copyright infringements and has banned profanity, so I don't think that LUGnet would be all that different if it was in fact bankrolled by Lego. (...) That's a shame, it really is. But I'm not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Yeah, we're going on what, two solid months of nothing but silence? Sure, Lego Direct isn't fully operational. Sure, we can't do bulk ordering yet. But total silence? What does that mean? Whole thing's been scrapped? All will be well if we (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: www.legodirect.com <--- whats going on?

(...) Not That Larry Needs Defending™ [or Todd for that matter] but I'm dropping the flag and calling a foul. Since when does requiring a common-denominator of civility and respect on one's own server make one a corporate shill? Profanity and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)