 General / 13969
Re: Which recent sets contain yellow Classic 1x2x2 windows?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:44:26 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Gary Istok wrote:
Not in North America!  Actually not anywhere in the world..... (on a
technicality) because the 1x2x1 (along with the 1x1x2 and 1x1x1) were
never in any parts pack.  They were only ever in 60's and 70's
(and maybe an early 80's) sets

Then why were they advertised as available in "supplementary boxes"?
See
http://www.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/LEGO/samsonite.html
* Early 60s brochures
Brochure 1 -- View 3.
and Brochure 2 -- View 3

/Eric/

Sorry Eric, I should have been more specific.  I meant in YELLOW.  The
small sizes (1x1x2, 1x2x1, 1x1x1) were only ever available in parts packs
in red and white.  Never in yellow.  And the only parts pack that ever had
the 1x2x2 in yellow was a early 1990's Dacta service pack (which, if memory
serves me correct, also had these in blue).

Gary Istok