 General / 13597
Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:56:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Poindexter writes:
I don't want to see bulk bricks right away.  They have been around for a
long time.  People who want 400 black 1x4 bricks should either buy them off
of ebay or buy the tubs and buckets themselves and part out the rest.  I
want what I can't get through other means!  Glass for my train windows.

I disagree completely.  I assume (I could be wrong) that the basic bricks
would would be some of the easiest pieces to do bulk ordering for.  They are
about as general purpuse as things come.  Plus, for building anything of
appreciable size, you need LOTS AND LOTS of them.

I'm expecting to put in an order for between 5,000 and 10,000 2x4 bricks this
year if they are offered.  Trying to accumulate that many through auctions
would be very expensive if not impossible, especially in the colors I want.
The hassle would be immense.  As far as buy buckets and piecing them out, I
don't think that is realistic at this scale.

-Steve Martin