 General / 10843
  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) Sure, but a STACK of 10? (ie rigid column) no doubt. I'm talking about normal building tecniques and I'll wave the age limit. (12?) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) The biggest plate you have with the 2x2 next smallest plate centered and firmly attached to the larger. Smaller on top. (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) I dunno. Personally, I've always had problems with the 1x1 joystick piece. If I pull the handle, it simply comes off, and the rounded top base has nothing to hold onto when pulling it off. Fredrik (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

A Technic #2 axle in a Technic Connector (ldraw part 3651). Will Visit the Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

That's my vote too. There just is NOTHING to grip. and if you are not careful you can bend or break the antenna or the housing, it's a pretty fragile part. Plates can always be gotten off with those gray things, you know, the things you use to take (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) Don't try this at home kids! The hardest parts I ever had to disentangle were two: (URL) you recall, they have a handle underneath with another three holes on the underside as well. Just idly playing with them, I wondered how tightly they (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) As far as "normalcy" goes, I've drawn blood a few times separating two tighly-sealed 2x2 plates. Any bigger a plate and you can bend them just enough to create a seam into which a fingernail will fit. 2x2's are just too small, and God forbid (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) Is this the original criteria, or an extra one? It takes creativity (and admittedly, in some cases, stupidity) to to find non-normal hard to remove combinations :) (...) Usually I find these quite easy with a brick seperator, or maybe I just (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) thin rubber band around the protruding axle - it pulls out easily then. Chris (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Larry Pieniazek (<383FE36E.462C9BD6@...ager.net>) wrote at 13:58:06 (...) Yep. It definitely gets my vote. I've resorted to the careful use of a craft knife to prise them off on several occasions. (...) Brick Separator? (not in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) Try getting getting one of a 1x1 round plate :( My fingers absent-mindedly found this particular combination as I played with some pieces whilst reading Lugnet today! After the two space laser-gun things almost tore off my thumb-nail, I think (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) I agree. My nastiest separations involved 2 2x2s. -John (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

The hardest piece I have ever removed was a 2x3 plate from a one brick high basic baseplate. I actually had to resort to using my teeth, and I broke one of the brackets on my braces trying, cement and all. That was a few years ago, and I have since (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

I would say that any brick where one of those gizmos (I am NOT saying the name but John Neal knows what I mean, he usually catches me out and throws bricks hard enough to hurt) can get a grip is NOT in the "hardest piece" contest. Not even close. 2 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3840C7B7.1E7F0761@v...er.net>... (...) Actually, I usually find 2 2x2s fairly easy with one whatzit (a green one has a place of honor beside my keyboard, I've got grey ones for the kitchen and bathroom, and soon (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

OW! Painful memories of the same situation are coming back to me now. This is what keep me from reassembling my Galaxy Commander for several years. -Chris (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

I did this recently, and I had little trouble. They were two new ones, so that may be the reason. Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

Push a Technic Bush onto a regular antenna as far as it will go, then just try to get it off. Unfortunately, I've done this with 8 antennae for a spider walker, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get all 8 off. -John Van Rick Kujawa (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) firmly (...) Ahhh, this one is easy as long as it is a PLATE, not a tile. All you need is a 6+ length beam of any sort. connect beam to small plate, pull sideways. Done. Mike (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) The final, final answer: :-) Two 2x4 bricks in a duplo car. I still haven't figured out how to get them out, they just fit going in. The duplo tubes are quit tall (relatively) so produce quite a bit of friction. The top of the studs are a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) I have no experience with Duplo, but I've had tremendous difficulty removing a 4x4 (or 4x6; I can't remember) from the inside of a Pirates rowboat. Dave! (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

This sounds impossible. Perhaps you can split the car in two and then remove the bricks and glue it all together :-) Seriously, the only thing that I can think of will make permanent damage to at least two lego bricks. You need a 2*2 brick and some (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)