 General / 10550
Re: LEGO Outlet store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ryan Dennett writes:
Was there much of a selection on sets? Dumb question. Did they have much of a
selection on sale sets? Any of the 2000 sets? Just thought I'd ask since I
might be stopping on Sunday on my way to FL.

Ryan,

Sorry I did not get to speak with you.  My plan was to get my car loaded, then
come back in and be leisurely.  I hoped that you and your family would still
be inside when me and my friend Hugo returned.  I was sort of embarassed to be
in there dropping a thousand dollars on 25 copies of one set.  Not just
because of the "You are too old to do such things" stigma, but because of the
sheer decadence/extravagence/flashiness/weirdenss of leaving the store with 25
sets and 25 free backpacks.

Not to mention the fact that Hugo was a bit embarassed too.  Of course, he has
been my best friend since freshman year of high school (1983!), so he has had
a lot of practice getting used to being embarassed by me in public.

Kudos to your Dad, though, for being bold enough to say Hi to me.  I never
would have had the strength in a social situation to be that brave.

You should have seen us out in the parking lot, taking the paper filling out
of the 25 free backpacks so that they would fit in my car.  Had we not done
that they never would have fit in my little VW diesel.  We bagged up the paper
and brought it back inside to the Lego store, hopefully they will reuse it to
fill other backpacks in the future.

So, anyway, sorry that we did not get more time to talk, and I hope the rest
of your vacation treats you well.

Will Middelaer
Legoholic