 General / 10466
Re: LEGO Outlet store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:52:23 GMT

Was there much of a selection on sets? Dumb question. Did they have much of a
selection on sale sets? Any of the 2000 sets? Just thought I'd ask since I
might be stopping on Sunday on my way to FL.
Anything else of major interest??

Ryan

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
I just got back from the opening of the LEGO outlet store in VA.
It's a great store run by some really nice people.  They did give out
"November 19, 1999" Bricks, and most of us got several.  There were at least
10 people from WAMALUG there, and I think we made a big impression on the
manager and reigonal rep with the large purchases we made.  They had
some super models of the capitol, white house, jefferson and lincoln • memorials.

The finds of the day:

- 2126 Train cars: $39.99 (!)
- 8480 Space Shuttle: $89.99 (!)
- 5840 (Bellville w/blue lattice fences and gate)
- 1815 Paradisa
- 8448 Supercar V: $109

Also of note:  HUGE minifig keychain selection, including a "Dutch Guard"
(I forget the real name).
Coffe mugs w/your name (assuming you have a common name).

Afterwards the group went to the food court, and discovered that the
McDonalds had set #5!  I'll be posting vidcaps tonight.

KL