 General / 1010
Re: Minifig trip to Carlsbad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 05:06:52 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Barry McFarland <bmcfarl1@mail.arco.com> wrote:
With "take figs to work" day being discussed again I got to thinking about
places that might be cool to photograph "touring" minifigs (1).  Actually
occured to me when reading Mike Stanley's message about taking figs to see • Star
Wars.

Sounds like a great idea.  A few of my coworkers kinda snickered when
I told them people would be sending me minifigs (which reminds me - if
you're interested, better contact me quick if you want to make sure
they get here by the 10th or they'll miss out) to bring to work.

They thought it was even more funny that I was willing to take some of
them to see Star Trek.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide

I wont tell you what my wife said about people mailing their figs us/others to
take to opening day at Legoland.  She's not really sure about a Lego-land in
the first place (it's a 14 step process and she's only on about step 4).

Well anyway, while I was mind-numbing out in the commute traffic this morning
(about an hour each way).  I though it might be fun to put together a whole
fig vacation package for March '99.  It would obviously include Legoland CA,
but might have optional side trips to Disneyland, Seaworld San Diego, etc.
Since we have annual passes to both it wouldn't really cost anything.

Pirate figs could get their pictures taken in front of Pirates o' the Carribean
(sp?), Space figs in front of the new tomorrow land, castle figs by Sleeping
Beauty's castle (is beauty her last name or merely an adjective??), Divers by
the Submarine ride, Octan figs by the autopia, Train figs. . .etc. etc.

I thought it would be kinda neat to put together a web site as kind of a photo
album of the entire trip.

BTW if you do intend to bring figs to Carlsbad make sure they have the proper
immigration documentation, since there is a border patrol checkpoint on the
highway north. :) May want to check the passports of those soccer set figs!

I have totally lost my mind! Will have to stop typing now, they're here with my
straight jacket.

Barry