 Gaming / Starship / 622
Re: Welcome to Avery (Was: Re: RulesTalk: Probes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:05:43 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Dan Mattia wrote:
Too bad there's no link to your site.

Oh yeah, Avery did give me this in his first email on the subject:

http://www.geocities.com/gul_avel/ships.html

His details at the time:

-------------------------------

The probes all have medium quality engines. ETA: Probe 1 -- about 2 weeks. Probe
2 -- 3 weeks. Probe 3 -- 3 weeks

WEAPONS: None
ARMOR: None
SENSORS/Scanners: High
SHIELDS: High -- emitted energy field augmented by low power warp field, creates
a slight spacial distortion enough to "warp" both solid matter and energy away
or around the probe. The low power warp field is shut down when any of the
sensors are in use as the field horribly distorts the sensors' ability to detect
anything in real space-time. It's at this time that there are no shields
whatsoever.
ENGINES: Trans-space warp field ( a warp event in space-time very similar to
that of the event horizon of a black hole) Medium Quality - Sub-light ion drives
medium quality (very fuel intensive).
COMMUNICATIONS: Low
CREW: None
CLASS: Long Range Deep Space Probe (automated)
Auxiliary Craft: two data/message drones (when released they can only retrace
the route taken by the probe and return home).
Number in Service: Few. These probes are very expensive and are often one time
use.

www.geocities.com/gul_avel/ships.html

-Hendo