 Gaming / Starship / 108
Re: Rules Talk: JumpShip Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 13:06:14 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote too much to repeat
here.

Well, these are some interesting views, and I mostly agree.  I've been standing
back from this whirlwind of discussion for a while, but now I have some ideas to
add.

(1)  Full JumpShips should have a 1-week travel time.  While this is a huge
advantage, it could be offset by higher risks involved with each jump.  Let's
say that you point in the direction you want to go, and hope that JumpSpace
deposits you remotely near your destination.  The GM (our illustrious Hendo ;-)
could also say that the ship arrives in NormalSpace without any fuel and needs
to be rescued...or something like that.

(2)  Ferries are one of the best ideas I've heard so far.  I also agree that
there should be limits on them.  My original suggestion was that the ship has
its speed rating, and the JumpDrive HQ is added to that.  NOW, for every extra
ship it is able to carry, the JumpShip takes up one extra HQ or MQ slot for
speed.  This limits how many Ferries there can be, and leaves the JumpGates a
competitive option.

Well, my two bricks.

Any thoughts?
~Andrew~