 Gaming / 366
Re: Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 01:06:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Something I'd like to see is comments on the game from as many players as
possible. If someone could nominate themselves to collect anonymous comments
if necessary that would be nice.

All right, if anyone feels uncomfortable about posting their thoughts, LMKWYT
and I'll post them w/names omitted.

If you feel comfortable, even if you have already discussed things in
private with me, please respond in public also (or at least send an e-mail
to me to remind me of the issues you saw).

Personally, the least-fun thing was the pace. Once we started to really get
going, attacking and all, we had to wait a long time until you (as the only
GM) rolled the dice, etc. That made the game very slow, and a bit boring while
you were waiting.

Also, I was really frustrated with that merchant ship, 'coz I followed it
diligently, yet every time I caught up on her, you moved it further away.
Perhaps having it move a constant distance each turn (wind-related, of
course), and actually measuring the distance (instead of arbitrarily moving
the ship) might've been a better idea, then I could predict where it'd end up
and board her.

I guess that's it from me. Feel free to send any anonymous critique to me and
I'll forward it here!

-Shiri