 Gaming / 386
Re: pirate chasing merchant (was "Re: Brickfest")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:09:21 GMT

Franklin W. Cain wrote:
Hmmm....  When I helped SJ run his game at CoastCon in Biloxi
("http://www.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=1092";
"Beware Snake Island!  BWAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha!!!" ;-)
Steve had several copies of the rules printed,
and we gave each player their own copy.
Furthermore, each player rolled their own dice results
(except, of course, for any NPC ships that fired back,
but I'll cover that in a moment).

Was that game a battle game or campaign game? Of all the game
descriptions I've seen, it's only clear which flavor one of the games
was (battle game - the players clearly started with a large ship or
several small ones). I like some of the aspects of the campaign game,
but obviously it takes much more time. We basically used the ideas of
the campaign game with a battle game type of scale (the rules mention a
map or so for the campaign game, but it is not clear how that is used
and how it relates to the setup on the floor).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com