 Gaming / 400
Re: Pirate Game Postmortem (Was: Re: Brickfest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:08:05 GMT

Thomas P. Rafert wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:

The way Steve handles it now is that he has a chart of pre-generated
wind, and you pick a random starting point on the chart, and you roll a
die each turn, on a 5 or 6 the wind changes to the next entry in the
list.

That's a good way to handle it, but the problem was the slowness of
changing (the wind didn't even necessarily change from entry to entry).

Just found the GM tables on his site, I didn't see them a month ago must have added
them recently.

They were added a week or two ago (a few days after I received paper
copies).

We had a fun time rolling for wind/speed changes each turn, added the factor of
having to adjust direction of our ships almost ever turn.  On the small scale we've
done this has worked well, we'll see how it goes this weekend will 20+ ships, 6+
islands, and 2-3 bases.

I think changing every turn might be too much, but in our game, the wind
changed direction once, and more than half the game (13 or 14 turns or
something - I lost track) ran under a light wind from the west.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com