 Gaming / 1442
  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) Well this is an issue I've given a lot of thought to, so let me counter each of your arguments in sequence so that it'll be a big surprise at the end when I turn the tables and agree with you. (...) First, any unit with SP's numbering in the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) A couple of things I meant to mention yesterday but didn't have time: 1. Blatant attempts like this to circumvent the SP limits set by the other players are a lot less likely if some or all of the other players each bring a good-sized Hammer (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message news:HCw1GE.nEA@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) played (...) Yeah, that's my fault, but blame Shaun anyway. I promise to get a writeup out there. Since I left my notes over at Jonathan's, I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) For the most part I think that's true-- I was thinking more for things where the strength of the effect isn't as important, like creating weapons for troops or 'fig enhancements (especially power where you don't need tons to be (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) True enough, although I for one have no problem with letting wizards create stuff all over the map - I should make some kind of clarification to the Create Matter rules to say that a wizard can only create one continuous "thing" per effect, so (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

Ooo! Ooo! We thought of another one: What's the deal with animating larger versus smaller objects? IE if I wanted to animate a standard #2 pencil, and make it do my bidding, it seems to cost the same amount of SP as if I wanted to animate a 900-foot (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) I haven't read the SP rules in a couple years, but it seems to me that the 1 SP animation should only impart 1 power to the new "fig". Thus, the 900' pencil would be VERY slow. (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) Curses! (...) But what would Freud say? All right, I admit it, you've got me dead to rights on this one. I don't know why I never gave any thought to animating giant objects, it seems so obvious in hindsight. (...) This seems like a good (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) I was just looking, and I don't see anything in the rules about speed being a factor of power. Hmm. Mike? (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) Speed being a factor of power would be more realistic, but that would mean the players had to stop and do long-division to do Movement effects. I felt that it this case the added hassle wasn't worth it. (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?

(...) I had sort of implicitly assumed that movement=5*(blox/power). Most objects conform to this already. So, in any case where movement is not otherwise defined, use this. Also, make it a "sanity check" rule. Don't bother with it unless something (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming)