 Gaming / 1453
Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:44:35 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, David Eaton writes:
Ooo! Ooo! We thought of another one:

Curses!

What's the deal with animating larger versus smaller objects? IE if I
wanted to animate a standard #2 pencil, and make it do my bidding, it
seems to cost the same amount of SP as if I wanted to animate a
900-foot pencil.

But what would Freud say?

All right, I admit it, you've got me dead to rights on this one.  I don't
know why I never gave any thought to animating giant objects, it seems so
obvious in hindsight.

I was tempted to add on a cost of 1 SP per "blok-mass" beyond 1 for
animation [1]. Oh, and only on the actual *animating* spell, since after the
1st spell is cast, the object is already animated, and is treated as a
typical unit.

This seems like a good solution, and I'll probably end up going with this or
something very like to it.  I wouldn't mind something a little simpler for
the AOL users, I might just change it to an 'animate object' effect with a
cost of 1SP per blok of mass, with a minimum of 1SP for equipment-sized
objects.  Once an object was animated, then you could give it Movement or
Skill or whatever, as normal.  Once the 'animate object' effect runs out,
all subsequent effects are cancelled.