 Gaming / 1451
Re: BrikWars Supernatural Rules Bug Fix?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:21:53 GMT

Ooo! Ooo! We thought of another one:

What's the deal with animating larger versus smaller objects? IE if I
wanted to animate a standard #2 pencil, and make it do my bidding, it
seems to cost the same amount of SP as if I wanted to animate a
900-foot pencil. Now, the 900-foot pencil seems more prone to coolness,
being a zillion times as massive. Hence I could command both pencils to
attack an enemy's siege tank by ramming into it, but only 1 of these two
pencils is likely to succeed in doing any significant damage. It is left as
an excersize to the reader to figure out which pencil is more effective.

I was tempted to add on a cost of 1 SP per "blok-mass" beyond 1 for
animation [1]. Oh, and only on the actual *animating* spell, since after the
1st spell is cast, the object is already animated, and is treated as a
typical unit.

So, animating your typical laptop (blok mass of 1) might cost:

7 SP (5" MV, 2d6 duration)
7 SP (1d6+1 Skill, 2d6 duration)
3 SP (1 Power, 2d6 duration)

But animating a small sedan (blok mass of about 8) might cost:

12 SP (5" MV, 2d6 duration, +7 for blok mass beyond 1)
7 SP (1d6+1 Skill, 2d6 duration)
3 SP (1 Power, 2d6 duration)

That sound fair? Or is that still too nice to the spellcaster? Or perhaps
one needs to pay extra for the *duration* of the animation per mass in addition?

DaveE

[1] Actually, that's a lie. I was tempted not to pay ANY extra SP for
animating more massive things, but only force *others* to pay for such bonuses.