 Fun / Crafts / 34
Re: LEGO brick bookends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.crafts
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:46:33 GMT

hi Jamie!
   thanks for looking. I tried the web but everyone wanted to sell molds not say
how to make them. The reason I thought of lead bricks is due to the lead sinkers
I used on my rope throwing device( climbing trees is real easy when you can
fling a rope 40/50 feet up into the branches <G>). I have some of the pitsco
wieght bricks and they are nice  but kinda limt you in the varity of weight you
can add and how you can place them I would like to try to build a 2x4x1 standard
brick size weight and I expect to have to make simple lead slabs. Maybe
something that will fit in the brown crates would work.. hmmmmm ...
well let me know what ya find about making molds or if anyone else reading this
knows something  : )
   John

In lugnet.fun.crafts, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi Again, i'm currently looking through my stuff for the info, i know
it's in one of the boxes!

I was lucky at the time, a friends dad is a fisherman so he
showed us how to do the basic moulding. Unfortunately with lead, it's
pretty maleable, so it tends to bend and break if thin enough.

I'll get back to you in a few days if i can find the info.

Jamie

<3 days to GST>